The Board met Sunday Evening and we wanted to update the membership on several items:
- South group location – we are in process of evaluating potential locations and are working to have a new location to meet by January 2017 or before. We working hard to get this sorted out as soon as possible.
- The Delaware Department of Vital Statistics is asking for letters of commentary on the modification of Rule 4205 Vital statistics form the public. The rule currently stipulates you must have surgical treatment to modify the gender on a birth certificate. The modification would remove the surgical requirement from the rule. We are waiting for specifics as to how and where to submit comments. As soon as we have them we will post them to our blog and social media.
- We will be attending the Transgender Day of Remembrance Vigil at the Garfield Theater in Chestertown, MD Saturday November 19, 2016 beginning at 7:00 PM. You can get more details on the event here: http://pflagchestertown.blogspot.com/2016/11/transgender-day-of-reme mbrance-vigil.html
- Our Holiday Party is scheduled for December 10, from 6:00 to 10:00 at the Unitarian Church where the northern group meets. You can RSVP for the party here: http://www.delren.org/event/holiday-party-pot-luck/
- We are working on our 2016 annual report and 2017 operating budget we hope to have these completed by the new year.
- We need additional volunteers for several positions including board members, chapter leaders, and group leaders and special projects. We have a central core group of 7 or 8 people that are working to build and run the organization. We are 100% volunteer staffed and as always in volunteer organizations burn out is a danger that can debilitate the organization. To avoid burn out and ensure our continued viability we need qualified people to support the operation and grow into leadership roles. Our meetings matter they make a difference in peoples lives and in light of the current political climate we can only foresee the needs increasing for support to our community. If you would like more information of getting more involved in the operation of Delaware Renaissance please email me firstname.lastname@example.org.
Winnie Hull , Chair Delaware Renaissance Board of Directors